I now let go of the past and its hold on me, forgiving others for the wrongs they have done me as I also forgive myself.
1. Stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake.
- What forgiveness can you now bestow on another?
- What forgiveness can you now bestow on yourself?
- Where do you feel forgiveness in your body?
- How do you show your forgiveness?
- Is forgiveness necessary? Why?
- Whose forgiveness do you most wish for?
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. -Mahatma Gandhi
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. -Lewis B. Smedes
It's toughest to forgive ourselves. So it's probably best to start with other people. It's almost like peeling an onion. Layer by layer, forgiving others, you really do get to the point where you can forgive yourself. -Patty Duke
I think we learn the most from imperfect relationships - things like forgiveness and compassion. -Andrea Thompson
The first step in forgiveness is the willingness to forgive. -Marianne Williamson
The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world. -Marianne Williamson